Monday, August 3, 2009

Starting Lineup


So I've done my top 5 greatest rappers of any and all applicable time, but I just realized I haven't let it be known on here my all-time NBA starting line-up. So ... here I am to let it be known.

Point Guard: John Stockton
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant
Small Forward: Julius Erving
Power Forward: Karl Malone
Center: Shaquille O'Neal

And I'm pretty much immovable from my stance on these guys. The only position I'm somewhat wavy on is the five spot. And even then it's just a three-headed race between Shaq, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. The only thing that makes me sad is looking at this dream lineup and instantly being distraught at the fact of three of these guys being on my absolute favorite Lakers squad and not winning a championship. But Karl was almost a decade past his prime so that's my only harbored tranquility. Also just for the record, I think the single greatest actual NBA team of any single season is the 1983 76ers. They could darn near destroy any other champion there ever has been. I promise it. Just saying. I might do full blown posts on each baller on my list to tell you why they're so important to me and to the NBA world but until then, let them all marinate in your brain cavity until you're convinced that Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson actually shouldn't be in any of these guy's spaces ...

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?