Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All New is Good New


New brandUn DeShay feature. Cop it and soak it in.


This song is sooo killer. And not just cuz I heard this band Phony Ppl for the first time and completely got a for real, for real Andre 3000 vibe (like 10 thousand times more than even Bobby Ray). brandUn's verse is just icing on the cake. This song on the very first listen is one of my favorites of the year. The instrumental is crazy gorgeous, inspiring, and sticks with you. bD's verse is tight and straight no-nonsense heartfelt. The vocals are insanely catchy and smooth. The lyrics are dead up vivid and brilliantly constructed. I can't get enough of the track. And it's sooo OutKast. You just gotta hear it to understand.

I'm downloading their mixtape, WTF is Phonyland, right now to hopefully find a bunch more music just like this joint and beyond. And swear, I'm not trying to pigeonhole Phony Ppl as a Love Below rehash. Their sound, from just this small sample, is too beautiful and original for that. I'm just saying that like ... this band has the type of far-reaching eye for musical progression that 3000 spewed out over every track of his soulful pop opus. I'm an instant fan and hopefully just this post will hook you, too.

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?