Thursday, August 13, 2009

And Another One


Now me seeing the title on this first one while I was skimming through my music just blew my mind.

Ali & Gipp - No God but You (feat. Novel)
Rakim - Holy are You

I was freaking out so much when the Rakim single just dropped a little while back that this Ali & Gipp track from a few years back was completely obliterated from my memory. Now neither the ATLien or St. Louisite are dropping Ra schemes, but their track holds up crazy nice. While a bunch of tracks on their Kinfolk album were dedicated to busting down women and/or the paint on their whips, this one switches it up crazy nice and actually speaks on something with the eloquence demanded by this David Axelrod sample. I'm impressed and can't believe I saw no mention of this track when the new Rakim song popped off everywhere. Oh, and I have absolutely no confirmation that it's Novel on the hook, but it darn well sounds like him and mentally that adds a whole other dimension to the song for me. So I'm sticking with it.

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?