Monday, October 27, 2008

G.O.A.A.A.A.T.


Just to be slightly more elaborative, the greatest of any and all applicable time.

To quote myself from a verse that'll never see the light of day cuz the ensuing bars sucked, "Everybody claimin' to be the best rapper alive/Answer me one question, 'When did Rakim die?'"

And that's my general thought process on that. I laugh off LL Cool J saying it. Weezy's just intentionally buffing his bigger-than-the-game persona by saying it. 50's frickin' remedial, so you can't blame him for maybe accidently saying it. And whoever else, uff outta here. (c) Charles Hamilton

I believe (and who'da thunk it?) that Andre dealt with the question best in his line from "Mighty 'O'" saying, "I'm not sayin' I'm the best, but till they find somethin' better/I am here, no fear. Write me a letter." He ain't saying it, but he's saying it. Ya know? So here is my best rapper list. Of course it's subjective ... but trust me on it. I wouldn't lie to you.

5) Lupe Fiasco
4) 2Pac
3) Cee-Lo
2) Rakim
1) Andre 3000

I'll reserve my heartfelt reasoning on individual posts highlighting these monsters' careers so far. But for now take the song appetizers as proof. Gimme your list.

.... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?