Sunday, August 2, 2009

Slaughtered


Just got through listening to the entire new Slaughterhouse tape and I gotta say ... I am not disappointed. The stuff that I've been reading has people complaining that they didn't come crazy hardbody for 15 straight tracks but ... if they did the exact same emotion every track then they'd be complaining the tape was redundant. I pretty much feel the entire album in its whole. It's hot. Trust me.

"Rain Drops" featuring Novel is an instant classic in my book. Just saying. Again. But I don't want to post any of the actual album cuts, so I put together an impromptu EP (read: copied into a random folder) of all the Slaughterhouse jams that were released prior to the real thing in random projects or just loose non-LP singles. So here ya go! You're welcome. Unless you're an avid hip hop head already. Cuz then you'd definitely already have each of these, easily. And as a side note: how sad is it to be Nino Bless in this equation? He was literally on the very song called "Slaughterhouse", with the first incarnation of the collective group, except at that point it was just a random super-collaboration track that read as featuring Joe Budden, Nino Bless, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, & Royce da 5'9". But then the other four went and had to build a supergroup without him? Man. That would suck. Anyone else looking out for the new Nino Bless record now? Hmm ...

Slaughterhouse -
1. Warriors
2. Slaughterhouse (feat. Nino Bless)
3. Onslaught
4. Flight Club
5. Wack MCs
6. Woodstock Hood Hop (feat. M.O.P.)
7. Money On the Floor (by Corte)
8. Move On (Slaughterhouse Remix)

... but do take my word for it. iTunes Slaughterhouse Slaughterhouse link

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?