Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Classic: Jolene


Screw hip hop for a minute.

For the most part, I couldn't care any less for any form of country music. I try to be open minded, but too much twang can seriously be detrimental to my mental health most of the time. Well ... here's the exception. Dolly Parton is one of my favorite artists in all of civilized history. Her prolific songwriting is something I admire and am in complete reverence of. She has more classically written hit records than most singers have songs in their entire catalogues. And to me, the peak of the peak on the peak of musical Mount Everest is her song "Jolene". Simply cannot beat it. Beautifully and succinctly perfect.


... but do take my word for it. iTunes Dolly Parton Jolene link

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?