Saturday, July 11, 2009

Classic: Give In to Me


So, understandably, I've been listening to a lot of Michael Jackson lately. I don't care if you're tired of the coverage or whatever, that's definitely a deserved opinion by now, but for the rest of my life I will never be tired of putting his albums back on repeat.

While I was expanding my MJ library past all the common singles that get regular play, I found a crazy pattern going on. For every song I added, I gave it a full and honest listen and what killed me was that darn near every new tune became one of my favorite Jackson songs. It happened over and over and over again. Mike killed his competitors and pushed his relevancy because he was literally able to take any and every form of song possible and mold it into his distinctive signature style. Dance, ballad, funk, radio pop, hard rock, old school R&B, edgy soul ... it didn't matter. But what ultimately became my favoritest favorite MJ joint (for now) was the Slash-assisted "Give In to Me" off his Dangerous album. To me, it's song writing at its finest. The dude could even ride any guitar riff he wanted to a perfectly constructed chorus that absolutely engraves in your brain. I love it. No one messes with Mike's pen skills.


... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?