Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Classic: Aquemini


The world has gone far too long without some OutKast pumping up and down its collective block. Between that lil' fact and Charles Hamilton's crazy disappearance recently, I don't know how I've made it. Now while Big Boi's album has seemingly been complete for like two years and still isn't out, there aren't even any rumors floating around about Dre's anymore. Man. Y'all can say whatever, but I prefer over-saturation from my favorite artists, my darn self.


This song features my favorite Andre 3000 verse of any and all time. Just surpassing the 5-minute epic of "A Life in the Day of Benjamin Andre" and the dissertation on existence that is "Mighty 'O'". But as I sometimes gotta remind myself, Big kills it, too. I could write a whole other million words about it, but nothing is better to me in music than those two juxtaposing each other so perfectly in sync yet distinctively different. It's a beautiful thing. Anyways ... here's the most ridiculously densely packed 10 bars you've ever been exposed to:

My mind warps and bends, floats the wind, count to ten.
Meet the twin, Andre Ben. Welcome to the lion's den.
Original skin many men comprehend.
I extend myself, so you go out & tell a friend.
Sin all depends on what you believin in,
Faith is what you make it. That's the hardest ish since MC Ren.
Alien can blend right on in wit yo kin,
Look again, cuz I swear I spot one every now & then.
It's happenin again, wish I could tell you when.
Andre, this is Andre, y'all just gon' have to make amends.

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?