Thursday, November 13, 2008

Women in Hip Hop


I'm not gonna use this post as a doctoral thesis on their role in hip hop (maybe some other time), but in leu of me and Ern's back-and-forth rap track "Here I Is", I wanted to share the greatest hip hop dude-and-chick duets you may or may not have heard before.


Sorry, but Miss Rap Supreme is unfortunately not characteristic of how impressive female emcees can spit. The first two tracks are beautiful, albeit uncomfortable, love stories with true perspective. Amazing and emotional storytelling. The second two are straight hard-hitting, no nonsense lyricism. I need to get better up on Apani B's music. I only have two tracks from her currently, but she's something else on the mic. But I still hold my firm opinion that Lauryn Hill is the greatest non-testosterone laced rapper of all time.

... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?