Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Girl, She's A Fox


I wanted to start a lil' series of similar sampled songs and, if you're so inclined as a participating listener, you tell me which song you either like better or which one utilized the sample better. If you don't get what I'm saying, just listen to the two tracks and you should have an eery deja vu involving certain melodies or distinctive sounds throughout. Today's challenge is Amy Winehouse versus my arch-enemy (haha!) John Legend.


I did a quick search to find out the sample is from the 1966 song, "(My Girl) She's a Fox", by a group called the Icemen. I couldn't find an mp3 of it for my life, but you'd be enlightened to know it featured a very early appearance by Jimi Hendrix on guitar and maybe the first ever musical translation into -izzle language. No, seriously. The song ends on the lyric, "she's a fizzox." Now tell me my blog ain't educational! Plus here's a pretty awesome blend/remix with both peeps if you need both at the same time.

So which one do you prefer?

... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?