Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Charles The Hedgehog


I'm late on writing up this mixtape since its follow-up already dropped today.

Everybody download Staff Development. I've been big-upping Charles Hamilton since I first heard his "Stutter" song that remixed a Charlie Brown piano sample. Absolute genius! But Staff Development sealed the deal for me on dude. While it's more a group album featuring a bunch of contributions from his supergroup/label/whatever Demevolist Music. Not that he needs one, but he made his niche on that tape. The production's brand new and inventive, but you just know that he belongs on those beats. And Charles absolutely cemented his way of creating a catchy chorus. He openly admits not being able to sing, but you just gotta experience how it doesn't bother you in the slightest once you appreciate how he goes about presenting his voice.

And maybe a brand new contender into the ranks of my all-time favorite songs, "Air Conditioner" is just as dope as it gets for me. I've played that track back so many times that the mp3 of it is prolly melting. Get on it!

Charles Hamilton
-Mixtapes
-Individual Songs

I'm in the process of listening to his 2dopeboyz drop, It's Charles Hamilton, right now, so I'll get back to you if that matched the level of amazing that his 2 week old release did.

... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?