Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Lil' Fulfillment


So I guess the Calipari thing worked out. Considering that I actually passed him while he was jogging around with Rod Strickland on campus. I almost had a panic attack. I'm calling "no-man-crush" but I swear Coach Cal had an aura about him. I wanted to throw out a "good luck" or "love ya coach", but I couldn't muster a darn thing.

So he already wrapped up one-and-done DeMarcus Cousins and I'll enjoy every minute of the season with him. Liggins is apparently perfectly suited for coach's offense and Miller is set to be a straight beast under his masterful tutelage. The only minor setbacks are Jodie's testing of the draft pool and super-recruit Orton possibly wavering, but I think both of them will be in Kentucky blue next season, regardless. I try to not get hyped on the we're-a-Final-Four-team-immediately after not being ranked for two years, but I really think that the sky is the limit right away. Like right away.

Now we as Big Blue Nation just have to wait for all the rest of the recruiting chips to fall in place and for the entire roster as a whole to get settled in so it's a for sure thing. And we also gotta deal with UK hatred from the rest of the world, as well as our own unruly brethren who create avenues for all the hate.

I expect huge things from coach. And even though seemed to deflect expectations in the introductory news conference, he expects huge things as well. I say we have a Final Four run along with an extra championship banner in the next 4 years. We just will. I feel it in my raggedy old bones.

... put 'em both together and you got yourself a super spork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?