Monday, September 22, 2008

Classic: Backstage Girl


Before I go to sleep only to wake up a couple hours later to finish homework, I'm going to post this beautiful nugget of a song.


This song is by DJ Shadow featuring Phonte from Little Brother and Foreign Exchange and Zo! & Tigallo (busy dude! AND does a dope podcast) off of the album The Outsider. It was once said to be my favorite song ever. A claim I'm not sure if I disagree with today. Shadow orchestrated magically up and down through the uses of any and every sound and influence imaginable, while Phontiga weaves in and out perfectly. It's just a perfect song. No other way to put it. Much respect to everyone who makes working the turntables an awe-inspiring art form.

... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?