Monday, September 22, 2008

Began, Began with Time


Tonight I'mma be posting the remix of the century! And it's not even gonna be the Lupe "Paris, Tokyo" remix! Anybody feeling T.I.'s "Whatever You Like"? Me too. And that's all I'm saying till I post it.

Anybody ever heard a for real rap song about God besides the kinda-ish "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West? Definitely not on the radio, besides the one spin that DMX's "Lord Give Me a Sign" got before he re-upped on the crack doses. This blog's one for pointing out contradiction, ain't it? Well, I wanted to post an honest, pure God-pondering track that ain't preachy and has a vibe to it. Give retro Common and pre-Gnarls Cee-Lo a chance to explain it to you over wax. Nobody not specifically labeled a "Christian rapper" does it like this anymore!


And just for a bonus here goes the aforementioned:


I'm not asking you to take them as missionaries, but I just wanted to familiarize y'all with another side of hip hop you don't see all the time. Or ever.

... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?