Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weezy: Ode to 3000

"Oh yes I love her like Egyptian
Want a description? Her body's sickenin'
I can be her prescription, I can be her physician
Sexual healing, I can be her religion ...
"
-Lil' Wayne from "PMW (P****, Money, Weed)" in 2007

"Oh yes I love her like Egyptian
Want a description? My royal highness
So many plusses when I bust that there can’t be no minus ...
"
-Andre 3000 from OutKast's "Jazzy Belle" in 1996

Jim Jonsin pretty much just sped up the entire song and added a raped-fire drum track (sounds like me) over "Jazzy Belle" for the beat to Wayne's "PMW". And Weezy F. Baby took that and ran with it, starting each of his verses with "oh yes I love her like ..." and that's a good enough tribute to me. Wayne knows who broke the doors open for southern rappers to have a viable presence in hip hop at all, much less sell a milli and be all over the radio and video channels.



... and Free Enes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?