Wednesday, February 11, 2009

True


This song has been sampled in bunches, and not even just rap, but here are the two most forefront presentations in my mind of Spandau Ballet's "True".


Now both of these songs are special to me. The first one is a Nelly joint that I enjoy ... and those don't come around very often. Mark one in the win column. What's the record, now? 1 and ... hmm.

The Lloyd remix joint epitomized the resurgence of one Andre Three Thousand into the "You Best Respect Him as One of the Greatest to Ever Do It or You're a Fool" discussion for 2007. I have those a lot kinda discussions. This one popped out (like M.I.A. at the Grammy's) as soon as we were able to digest his verse on the epic "Walk It Out" remix. Andre never for real left, but once the cosmic minded, singer-sellout rumblings start to emerge, it's hard to ever come back hardcore from that. This is one of the few cases where it was accomplished.

Tell me you don't have the lazy "bah bah bah, bah bah" chant stuck in your head after either one of these. I durr you. I prefer that as opposed to Lloyd's moaning version of it, though. Let's stick with the bah's.


... this was whatcha all been waitin' for ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?