Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Future


I know the world is on LeBron watch as the greatest thing in existence since the invention of time, but I got some other players on my mind to watch today and in the future.

Kobe is today's player. Period. And I'm ready to commit heinous physical violence whenever I read or hear someone saying that LeBron is undeniably the game's best player. Infuriating. Bron will eventually slide in front in a matter of four years or so simply due to respective aging, but whatever.

My two cents is bet upon the league dominance of Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant in the two thousand teens. The thing that separates them from King James is that they're every bit the capable athlete, but with natural (see: smooth) jump shots. Trust me, I've watched enough hundreds of games and had enough stats shoved down my esophagus to know the other things that LeBron brings to the table. Don't make me listen to the rerun again. I just feel that the league has the ability to eventually figure him out. Teams can pack the basket like none other and reduce his contribution to however good his teammates shoot three pointers that night. He'll still put up legendary numbers and break all the "youngest player to ______" stats, but his ceiling is overrated to me. I don't ever see the kid as actually being the winner that everyone has already undeservingly labeled him as.

On the other hand, what I see from Durant and Roy leads me to believe that they will be the distinctive wing players of the next basketball generation. I'll prolly write a bigger column on each of them at another point, but I just wanted to inform you of my foresights. Trust me.

... put 'em both together and you got yourself a super spork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?