Friday, February 13, 2009

New New-ish: Drake


Now I wanna preface this by saying that Drake is about 2 or 3 years removed from being new, but he's flown just enough under the radar that the vast majority (including me) wouldn't know any different. But upon listening to pretty much any of his material, you can feel him immediately as an intense rapper with natural singing ability. I'm not talking Kanye singing. I'm not even talking Mos Def singing. I'm talking could-be-a-straight-R&B artist singing. Like a Trey Songz type dude, but backwards.

Speaking of Trey, they do plenty of songs together. Weezy, too, so listen to it for that if you have to. He doesn't have a for real album yet, but he's got three real strong mixtape efforts. The latest of which came out last night like CH's.

Drake -

Had no idea, but just checked Wikipedia and he plays somebody on "Degrassi: The Next Generation". All I know is my sister watched that show and if my sister knows a rapper that you don't, then you're in trouble. WHAT!? He was in Charlie Bartlett, too? I loved that movie ...

Plus he's Canadian. Which I'm pretty sure automatically guarantees that you're a crazy talented emcee no matter what. Except for Kardinal Offishall. He sucks. Oh no ... Joaquin Phoenix isn't Canadian is he ... ?

... this was whatcha all been waitin' for ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?