Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Use Your Love


As everyone knows, I'm off Chuck & B.o.B currently. How dumb am I to not realize these two songs coexisted in my iPod?


They both flagrantly use The Outfield's "Your Love" from a billion years ago in 1985. Soul samples of course rule most all of hip hop sampledom, but I've nothing against 80's Brit pop/rock sneaking chipmunk-style into my new dudes' songs. Charles handles his own production while Bob's is produced by "Lollipop"-creator Jim Jonsin. I lean towards Hamilton's composition ear while calling it a complete tie on song writing. Bob's is a hilarious run-in story like only he can pull off right now, while Charles is deeply thought-provoking and conceptual. Below's the original, which itself is really, really good, along with a reggae remix by Wyclef. I'mma get a post up on Mr. Jean, soon. At some point last year, I listened to only his music for a solid two months. That's my dude.


So which one you like better?

... this was whatcha all been waitin' for ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?