Monday, December 1, 2008

How Could You Be So Dr. Evil?


So I'm officially calling it my favorite album of the year.

808's & Heartbreak is exactly the perfect year-closing album to me as Gnarls Barkley's The Odd Couple was a perfect year-opening album. I like music. Forget hip hop as you perceive it. I listen to lyrics, concepts, sound utilization, and enjoyability. It just so happens that the rap I listen to usually encompasses that. But that's also exactly I'm not scared to listen to a rapper expand his hustle if the product is good. And here, in both cases, it's perfect music. Perfect.

So if B.o.B and KiD CuDi sing on their mixtapes even though they're prominently billed as rappers, so be it. I'm listening and enjoying it rather than other hip hoppers who are so obsessed with finding any and every reason they won't allow themselves to enjoy creativity.

And I'm posting this video again cuz I love it. My previous Kan post got deleted.

I'm just gonna post this unofficial 808 remix cuz it's pretty well done. Tyrese's rapping's aight, but he can sang. Let's just say Kanye can ... perform. Yeah, I'm good with that statement. Look me dead in the eyes and tell me you don't enjoy the melodies of this album once you hear my three concept songs to it on A Laptop Chronicle.


... and so concludes another masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?