Wednesday, September 1, 2010

UnRemixed


So it's not a new song ... but it's a new song. I took all the guest verses from the Charlie Hilton remixed "Hold On" joint and queued them up with the original instrumental by me and my dude Steven. Then I sprinkled in a little spoken word piece on the intro by nationals-ranking UT poet Calvin Smith. And I really like how it came out. The Hilton version is still the original monster, but this is a crazy nice alternative for the fans of my debut album. Even though it's no longer on iTunes. *Sad face*

Chris Campbell - Hold On (UnRemixed feat. Calvin Smith, brandUn DeShay, LaVish, Mike Dreams, Chris Barz, & Steven Gilpin)

And you may also notice from the little album art attached with it ... I have a new project in the works. It's called KOBE! and there ya go. Don't expect it until next year, though. It's gonna be my sophomore album that I'll go 100% independent with and print up hard copies from the start. I'll prolly be bothering all my collaborating emcee friends from the "Hold On" joint to see if they'll come through with solo features on brand new tracks. Hopefully I didn't get on their nerves too much with this last song. Ha.

<a href="http://chriscampbell.bandcamp.com/track/hold-on-unremixed">Hold On (UnRemixed) by Chris Campbell</a>

... and do the John Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?