Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hold On: LaVish


It's fitting that transitioning from brandUn DeShay in the "Hold On" series is LaVish. I first heard this Los Angeles native rap next to brandUn on the song "Confidently Modest" with Casey Veggies, too. I decided I needed to get familiar with more of his music as the new class of emcees out of LA seem to be bringing some other kind of energy breaking away from the Snoop/Pac/Dre stereotype of the coast. And he was. Funny thing I found out was how young the dude was. And regardless of that, he still was well on his way to establishing his signature.

While his big time Hometown Hero mixtape hasn't dropped yet, LaVish has material floating all over the web including the aforementioned DeShay collabo, a place on ReUpSpot's Bailout mixtape, and other featured spots on various artists' projects. And while we're waiting for that proper defining release, his talent's perfectly apparent on every freestyle and HH leak that makes its way onto the internet. You can hear his influences in his strong flow, whether it's an ode to the Native Tongues or productively stylized like the Justus League. His voice, to me at least, is reminiscent of something halfway between Wale and Kanye, but his flow and lyrics are fully his own. And you already know that, cuz we don't mess with clones around here. My favorite song I've heard him over is the Mike G feature that I got linked down below. When LaVish settles in on a beat, he stands out and can go through a crazy aggressive verse like it's nothing. And that's what he's gonna bring to my song coming soon. So go ahead and browse through the links below to prepare yourself. And hold on.

LaVish songs -
Tops Come Down (feat. B. Allan)
Mrs. International
Baby Girl (by Carmine)
Exhibit A (Transformations by Mike G)
Blog - MySpace - Facebook - Twitter

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?