Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood


For all intensive purposes, these songs sample the same thing.


Before I was up on my Nina Simone game, I thought the dude on these choruses was awesome ... now I'm ashamed.


I'm pretty sure Common's version features a live version of the song, but oh well. They're both dope while having very differing sample styles and different approaches to the rest of the production and lyrics. I'm partial to Common's, but Wayne's is worth it just for the way-too-long weeded rant at the end. Which do you like better? It really kinda sucks, but Nina didn't even like rap music. "Her body moved, but her mind was mannequin."

... this was whatcha all been waitin' for ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?