Monday, November 9, 2009

The Other Man


Donuts records are still popping up this many years later. To me, not much that could be better. The emcees that actually go in over his joints are genuinely trying to honor him. No harm in that. I think Jay Elec wins this round, but you judge for yourself. If Wiki is to be trusted, this record mainly samples off of Luther Ingram's "The Other Man", but in my short spin of it, I couldn't find this joint's sampled part. Oh well. CH mixed the sample a little different, but you can still definitely tell what it's inspired from.

J Dilla - Gobstopper

Big Pooh - Plastic Cups (feat. Chaundon & Joe Scudda)
Charles Hamilton - Cable In The Classroom
Jay Electronica - Abaracadabra

... but do take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?