Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lust for Life


Who knows if they're samples or Charlie re-did the Drake beat. I mean ... I could prolly just ask him ... but I haven't written an entry the whole summer, so that shows you how lazy I've been. Either way, they're both fire. I wrote up a piece on Drake awhile back and since then he's legitimately exploded on the scene. Just saw him the other night with Jamie Foxx on the new Conan Tonight Show (which I'm extremely impressed with so far). But you know what ... I ain't really feeling Drake anymore.

Drake - Lust for Life
Charlie Hilton - Smart to Talk to God (feat. brandUn DeShay)

I know it's blasphemous to say nowadays since he's still publicly brand new, but all the adoration surrounding him bores me. His music is definitely welcomed by me on the radio; I'm all for that. But people are talking foolish now that he's the best out like he's doing anything different than anyone else ... which he's not. He's got his own thing going, but he isn't pushing any boundaries (good or bad) that haven't already been pushed by Phonte, Lil' Wayne, or Trey Songz. He's nice, but ain't that nice.

But who cares. Both these tracks are nice.

... put 'em both together and you got yourself a super spork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?