Monday, June 22, 2009

New Bobby


I've been waiting for this mixtape.

Bobby Ray -
B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray


You should know that Bobby music is essential to me. But I just gotta say thank ya Jeebus for B.o.B's camp coming through with the "No DJ version" immediately. Artistic music needs to be released artistically. Gucci and Wayne and Khaled can keep their drops cuz there ain't nothing to miss. But on stuff I listen to, if it ain't DJ A-Mack then I ain't having it.

But anyways ... while most alter-ego records (see "T.I. vs. T.I.P." & "I Am ... Sasha Fierce") lack any real purpose or execution, Bobby has the talent and variety in his sound to deliver. You got that down south B.o.B soul food next to that rock-tinged singing Bobby Ray record. There's a difference. And both are entertaining. Cop it. Still listening through as many times as I can to catch my favorite joints. Only time you'll ever hear me big up an OJ Da Juiceman track ("I Am the Man"), though. You can write that down. For certain.

... put 'em both together and you got yourself a super spork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so what did ya think about whatever the heck i wrote?